Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kitchenaid Mixer

I've been doing a bit more baking and cooking at home lately... and so I'm really starting to wonder about a kitchenaid mixer.  I've heard people rave about them.  The most common thing I've heard is that they didn't know what they were missing till they got it, but now they can't live without it.

I've also been wondering about the different models and what sets them apart from each other.  We definitely want to get some attachments for ours (if we end up getting one).  One in particular is the ice cream maker!  Now this says it fits 5-6qt mixers, meaning the "classic" kitchenaid would be out because that appears to be a 4.5qt mixing bowl.  But after that, what is the difference between the Artisan and the Professional?  I wouldn't need the "Commercial" or anything like that.  And then, it appears the Artisan has a glass bowl option.  Which, basically, from research, just ensures that if you make breads this will ensure that the yeast keeps.  Hmmmm, so confusing.

The pasta making attachment is definitely intriguing also.  ;o)

But anyways, I'm just curious if it is a thing that I need, and if so, what direction I should take on models.  If anyone has any tips, let me know!  Thanks so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment