Sunday, January 25, 2015

Warmth

Winter in Texas is like a ride.  It starts off slow, easing your way into the idea of winter.  The hot days turn into cool mornings and warm days, but all of a sudden you're in the middle of it and it's freezing then hot; up and down until spring hits and you're back to warm days.  I wouldn't care as much if it didn't mean for terrible allergies when the plants bloom on all the really nice days.
The nice part about winter, though, are the hot drinks and pet snuggles.  I do love a good tea or hot mulled cider.  Above is a hot ginger tea made from ground ginger root and a splash of lemon juice.  Definitely one of my favorites.  It warms you up when it's cold, and settles your stomach if you're not feeling well.  Because of that, it always feels so comforting to me, even if I'm feeling just fine.  :o)  Do you have a favorite hot drink?  I'd love to hear about them.  I'm always up for trying something new!  

No comments:

Post a Comment