Saturday, January 31, 2015

February's Mega-KAL: His Golden Lair

Did I forget to mention that my friend Marilyn and I are hosting a MegaKAL on Ravelry?  It's mostly shawls with a couple cowls, and each month is a different one.  It's been a lot of fun seeing everyone's different projects.  Different colors, yarns, etc all make such different looking projects!  Our project for February is His Golden Lair.  The shawl calls for worsted weight yarn, but after searching my stash, I couldn't find worsted weight in a color I wanted to use with enough yardage.  Instead, I found this:
Sorry, I guess I took the picture with a bit too much ambient light.  It's very washed out looking.  It's Malabrigo Silky Wool in Teal Feather (I may have an obsession with Malabrigo)!  Now, this is a DK weight yarn, but I have 5 skeins of it, which will be more than enough.  In fact, I think I'm going to make a larger version, and knit with needles appropriate for DK weight.  I should be able to compensate for the weight discrepancy, and have a larger shawl still, anyways!  Can't wait to cast on for this one!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment